This morning I find myself in complete shock at how a reputable top media platform like @farpostza can go ahead and publish a story which is not balanced without confirming the facts and one that is based on hearsay or the so called source that cannot be revealed Especially when they have direct contact with me personal or even my team to verify anything before publishing
I think we have a problem in the South African media landscape and true journalism is lost. Today many journalists only care about getting views and sales. Some are so eager to publish damaging stories to try ruin peoples reputation instead of just calling to verify.
I wish to clarify some of the damning allegations that were made:
- Our match with AmaZulu FC was cancelled due to medical issues with @amazulu_fc the team were having which I am not at liberty to discuss further but feel free to reach them for a comment.
- 8 players were not able to receive payment due to issues with their contracts needing to be finalised. The matter is ongoing and being sorted hence we have personally called the union President to come and assist
- Players that are sharing rooms is out of choice not because we forced them to. They are friends and they asked to be put in the same room. I fail to see why this is even being reported on.
- We are not responsible for housing players and their families. They are professional players who earn salaries and are liaible for their housing arrangements. We provide accommodation in-season when the team is camping at the base.
- I know journalists have some code “never reveal my source” my advise is to make sure that youjr “source” knows what they are talking about!!! Royal AM has a full team of people that are qualified to comment and verify on any queries or questions you may have.
I really hope that journalists and media houses that wish to write about me, my family or my team will do a better job in ensuring that they publish facts and not heresay. In future please reach out to my team for comments:
Have a great weekend and be safe darlings💋💋💋